Our research expertise in the field of Wine Business spans marketing, management and accounting. Our researchers have a long experience in wine marketing research and a team of PhD students investigating a number of areas.
We have solid links with the wine industry – from consulting experience and research activities. Our work has been funded by the Grape and Wine Research and Development Corporation and the Australian Research Council.
Research Grants Explore Our Research Projects
- Grape and Wine Research and Development Board (2014) $50,000, Lead Investigator: “Incubator Grants for Innovative Wine Business or Science Research Ideas and Support for Early Career Researchers”.
- Grape and Wine Research and Development Board (GWRDC) (2014) $3,400, Lead Investigator: “Cellar Doors and So Much More”.
- University of Adelaide Interdisciplinary Research Fund (2014/14) $20,000, Prof. V. Jiranek (Lead): “Developing ‘Adelaide Wine’ – an interdisciplinary research and teaching network with links to alumni and industry".
- Australian Research Council, Industrial Transformation Centre (2013) $2,785,202, Prof. V. Jiranek (Lead): “Innovative Wine Production: Responding to climate, water, market and economic challenges”.
- Grape and Wine Research and Development Board (GWRDC) (2013) $243,000, Lead Investigator: “Advance Australia Fair – Investigating Australia’s Country Image, Country Person and Country Wine Image in Established and Emerging Wine Markets”.
- ResearchersMeet our academic research leaders
Dr Roberta Crouch
Senior Lecturer and Academic Director - Wine Business
Roberta has a strong background in industry, with executive experience in management and marketing. Previous roles include Regional Manager, Coles Myer Properties and Sales and Distribution Manager in the finance industry. Roberta is also a company director for an engineering design, research and consultancy firm.Dr Steve Goodman Steve's research interests include supply chain decision making, consumer choice, wine marketing, marketing strategy and marketing management. His wine related research also investigated retail patronage behaviour through consumer choice of 'where to shop', the impact of servicescape on purchase behaviour, cellar door design and wine supply chain marketing.
- PhD Student ResearchersMeet our student researchers and enquire about joining the group
Supervisor: Steve GoodmanTeagan Altschwager
Supervisors: Steve Goodman and Jodie Conduit
The Wine Business research group is actively seeking prospective PhD students to study with us and contribute to our understanding of this important field.
The University of Adelaide understands the importance of encouraging and nurturing the next generation of researchers.
- External CollaboratorsExplore opportunities for industry and professional collaboration
The University of Adelaide understands the importance of collaborative research and strong partnerships with industry and professionals in today's global market.
We view these interactions as essential elements in advancing the University's research and teaching objectives as well as adding value to you as our partners.
The Faculty of the Professions is renowned for its academic diversity and is home to some of the most respected and eminent researchers at the University of Adelaide. Within the School of Education and ETC, our commitment to innovation and a culture of forward thinking helps to influence the world we live in.
Our collaborative research activities span across government, business and community groups. Our under-pinning philosophy of research partnerships is to match your community needs and business opportunities with the resources and expertise of our Faculty. The expertise and knowledge of our academic staff, who are specialists in their fields, present great opportunities for organisations to grow and to make decisive contributions that can influence strategic agendas and operational frameworks.