UG PROGRAM GUIDE 2014
Bachelor degree programs
The University of Adelaide is the first-choice for South Australians seeking tertiary education in business and finance.
Our degree pathways are professionally accredited and graduates achieve high employment rates in a range of industries throughout the globe. The ability to add an international exchange or an internship to your University of Adelaide degree can be invaluable in differentiating yourself in front of future employers. Our students learn more than just technical skills. Communication and leadership are prominent features of all courses within the degree programs.
Business School students enjoy access to an exclusive state-of-the-art student hub that was built in our Pulteney Street/North Terrace building in 2010. The $49 million facility underpins the mission of the Business School to enable 21st Century graduates with the ability and drive to become international leaders.
Undergraduate business degrees in Commerce or Finance are three-years full-time or up to ten-years part-time.
The pathways within the Bachelor of Commerce, commonly known as 'majors' are outlined below. Students can elect to complete two or even three majors. Bachelor of Finance students have the option to follow an International Business pathway.
Bachelor degree programs
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Corporate Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (International Business)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Finance (International)
Double Bachelor degree programs
- Bachelor of Economics with Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) with Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Engineering (Telecommunications) with Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Environmental) with Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences with Bachelor of Finance
High-achieving students in these bachelor degree programs may consider an Honours year.
Other combined programs
The Commerce, Economics or Finance degree may be combined with one of the following programs:
- Computer Science *
- Environmental Studies
- Mathematical & Computer Science
- Social Sciences.
The following combinations are also offered:
- Commerce/Social Sciences
- Commerce/International Studies
- Commerce/Wine Marketing.
* Slight overload to complete in four years.
A student wishing to take one of these combinations enrols in only one of the programs to begin with. Application to the paired program is made during the first year of studies. This is done through SATAC and the normal procedures of fees and deadlines apply. Offers into the second program are made after considering tertiary academic performance. Students should seek advice from the relevant program advisers at enrolment if they wish to study towards a combined program.